Tomorrow is Caitlin's 12th birthday and today we had a birthday party on Zoom with family to celebrate. We hooked my laptop up to the big screen and hooked up a webcam so we could easily see everyone. It was really cool to see everyone on the big screen. Tomorrow we're off work for Caitlin's Birthday. We don't really have any plans. Emma is getting her braces off which should be cool. I for one can't believe Caitlin is now 12. She looks so grown up and is now around 5'1". I wish time would slow down! Caitlin had fun with the online party and she appreciated everyone dropping by to wish her a happy birthday.
Other than Caitlin's party, last week was fairly quiet. Work has been extremely busy and I personally think we're heading for another shutdown. Cases of coronavirus have been above 60k per day and Texas is seeing huge spikes. Some hospitals in Florida are at 97% capacity and it shows no sign of turning around. The Governor finally seems to be acknowledging that the problem is real and that simply ignoring it isn't going to make it go away. Unfortunately, I think his change of heart is too little too late. Add on that there's a percentage of the population who has turned something as simple as wearing a mask into a political issue and no national policy to combat this virus, I think the virus is going to be here for quite a while. I won't be at all surprised if we have to celebrate Caitlin's Birthday next year via Zoom again. I'm going to keep this post short but I hope everyone is staying safe.

No comments:
Post a Comment