Sunday, February 9, 2020

My 48th Birthday


Yesterday I celebrated my 48th birthday. Even seeing that number just sounds old.. We had a pretty good day but I haven't been feeling that great the last few days so we mostly just hung out around the house. Toni and the girls got me a nice sign that I'm going to hang in our theater room and also a Lemon Meringue pie for my birthday which was nice.

This week was busy as always. Monday I had jury duty which wasn't much fun. I got called back for interviews and luckily wasn't selected for the jury. While there we were given a 3 hour lunch which gave me a lot of time. I went to a Greek restaurant near the courthouse and had a really good lunch. On Wednesday I decided to see a specialist about my back. I went to a Dermatologist and she confirmed that the thing on my back is not an insect bite as the Doctor thought but rather a cyst. I have to give it a couple of weeks for the swelling to come down and then I'll be having it surgically removed. The worst part will be that I'll have stitches for about 2 weeks and during that time my mobility will be limited. I won't be able to lift more than 10 pounds which means Toni and the girls will have to help me when pulling orders for reselling since I won't be able to lift most of the bins that I have. I'm also worried that it's going to make driving and even working hard but we'll see how it goes.

This week I have an appointment with a therapist on Friday morning. As part of my resolution to start taking care of all things health related, I've decided to talk to a therapist about my anxiety issues. Hopefully she'll be able to help. Other than that, I'm hoping the week is quiet compared to the other weeks this year. 

No comments: