
Wow! 10 years.. A lot can happen in a decade! On Friday May 3rd, Toni and I celebrated our 10 year Anniversary! To celebrate, we took the week off and made plans to go to Comfort and Fredericksburg and relax together. Unfortunately, nothing ever goes as planned and this week was of course no exception. Monday night set the tone for our week. We had some big storms and our house was struck by lightning! Luckily no one was hurt but it did a number on some of our electronics. It took out 2 TV's, a satellite receiver, my home theater receiver, an xbox 360, a ceiling fan, our garage door opener, my computer, our router and cable modem and the house alarm system. We're well on our way to getting everything back up and running but we're putting together a list of stuff we'll need to submit to the insurance company. As you can see in the 2nd picture, we ended up moving the girls to the kitchen pantry at one point because the hail sounded like it was going to break the windows out! It was pretty scary and I'm just thankful that no one was injured. We've since found an outlet that has burn marks around it but surprisingly the popcorn maker that was hooked up to it still works. Go figure.. Our luck didn't improve after that, Tuesday I went to the Doctor because my throat was hurting and was told that for the first time in my life, I have Strep Throat. Caitlin had it a couple of weeks ago and I was lucky enough to catch it too.. It really hit me bad on Wednesday to the point where I could do nothing but sleep all day. Our first scheduled night out of town on Thursday had to be cancelled. On Friday morning we woke up and I was feeling somewhat better. We went to an early showing of Iron Man 3 which was awesome and then made the drive to Comfort Texas about 45 miles away. After checking in we started walking around town and it hit me again. My fever returned and I could do nothing more than lay in bed and sleep. My fever stayed at around 102 for several hours before finally coming down. The best we could do on our anniversary night was to stay at the Bed and Breakfast. Toni went to a pizza place down the street and brought back a pizza. We ended up sitting in bed, eating pizza and watching "Alias" on Netflix. Saturday morning we came back after breakfast and have stayed home the rest of the weekend. Not exactly how I had hoped to spend our 10th anniversary but as I told Toni, if I had to be sick, I was glad I was with her.
Going back a couple of weeks to the last post, we went to the school to see where Caitlin will be going. It was a nice tour and it looks like Caitlin will have a lot of fun. I told her that I was jealous and that I wanted to go to Kindergarten too! The main picture of the post today is Caitlin's school picture. On June 8th she'll be graduating from pre-school! I honestly can't believe how fast time is going. I wish I could freeze time right here but since that's not possible, I'm trying to enjoy every moment I can. :-)
In other news, we got the girls fish. Caitlin named hers "Princess" and Emma originally chose the name "Thalia" but has since changed it to "Baby Fish". It's been cool to watch them both feed their fish every night and watch them watching the fish. :-) I also decorated the kids tree's with a "Spring" theme. I think they came out really nice and I think I'll probably decorate them for the 4th of July next month. I'm debating decorating Caitlin's with a graduation theme. We'll have to see how much time I can find. Caitlin is getting used to her bed and can now get in and out pretty easily. We did have one problem a couple of weeks ago when she got sick in the middle of the night and started throwing up. Needless to say, she couldn't get down and the bed wasn't pretty afterwards..
I'm sure there's other things I've missed but hopefully I can post more often. I know I keep saying that but I'm really hoping to do so because it's important to me that the girls have this record of their childhood. 10 years ago, I can't say I pictured my life being anything close to what it is now. The last decade has seen big changes in our lives, both good and bad. But you know what? I can honestly say that I'm in a happy place right now and wouldn't change anything. The last 10 years have been some of the greatest years of my life and I'm looking forward to the next 10. The story of the Vargas Family is just getting started. Stay tuned...
















No comments:
Post a Comment