Monday, April 15, 2013

Signed up for Kindergarten!








This morning marked an important moment in Caitlin's life. We took her to the school to sign her up for Kindergarten! Surprisingly, the lines were very short. We got there about 30 minutes early and there were only 5 people ahead of us in line. The process was very easy and we were done pretty quick. Wednesday night we have an orientation that we're going to go to. It's a chance to meet the teachers, tour the school and find out what the expectations will be for Caitlin. Caitlin's not very excited and told us that she doesn't want to go to the big school because she likes the school she's at. I'm sure once she gets going, she'll enjoy it.

Other than that, things have been busy as usual. As you can see in the pics, I finished Caitlin's loft bed. Caitlin picked out the color which was a Cinderella blue because blue is her favorite color. I was a little worried when I was painting it because outside the blue color looked like a Smurf but once it dried and we got the bed inside, it looks good in her room and gives her a lot more room now that the bed is off the floor. There's a couple of things I still want to do but overall I'd say the bed is 90% done. I'm definitely going to have to build a ladder though. Caitlin is able to climb into the bed without much trouble but getting down is another story. She can do it, but she gets nervous. Right now we have a baby monitor in her room and when she needs to get down she's calling us. Emma is enjoying the bed as well. She obviously can't climb up by herself but she really enjoys sitting up there watching TV with Caitlin. I figure in a couple years, I'll make Emma one too. :)

The other excitement was that Caitlin got strep throat! Toni had to pick her up from school on Thursday because she was running a fever around 102. We gave her Tylenol and she said she didn't feel good and wanted to go to sleep. The next morning she woke up with hives and kept telling us that she was itchy. Toni took her to the Doctor and she came back positive for strep throat. She's on antibiotics now and seems to be doing better. Luckily no one else in the house has caught it yet.

This week I also took Emma to the Ear Doctor for her 6 month checkup and everything looked great. In fact, the news was so good that we no longer have to take her to the specialist! With good news all around, I took the girls to McDonalds for breakfast. Caitlin started climbing through the playground tunnels and told me she wanted to go on the highest slide. I guided her from the ground but at one point she got very scared and came back down crying. I told her that it was ok to be afraid and that she could try it again next time. Then something cool happened. She told me that she didn't want to be afraid and she wanted to try it again. I guided her from the ground and this time she made it all the way to the end! She came down the slide with a huge smile on her face and high fives from me and Emma. I was so proud of her. That moment is one that I will remember forever.

No comments: