

Merry Christmas everyone! We hope everyone had a happy and safe Christmas. Christmas Eve we took the girls to church and then went to Nana Bev's house for dinner. We had a good dinner and had a lot of fun with everyone. All of the kids seemed to have a really good time and were excited with all of their presents. It blows my mind that only 4 years ago there were no kids around for the holidays and now there are 4! This year I decided to try a couple of old fashioned desserts -
Figgy Pudding, Sugarplums and Mincemeat pie. They were all good except for the
Figgy Pudding which was a little too heavy on molasses for my taste. When we got home, Caitlin put out reindeer food in the front yard so that Santa's reindeer would have something to eat and because it had sparkles in it, it would make it easier for Santa to see the house. :-) (The food was dry oatmeal and glitter provided by Nana
Bev)
Christmas morning was a lot of fun. Caitlin had a great time opening her presents and Emma seemed to enjoy seeing everything and trying to open some of her presents. :) The girls did pretty good. Caitlin seemed a little upset that Santa didn't bring anything for me and Toni though so next year we may have to change our tradition a little. This year we bought the new TV so we didn't do too much for each other. I got Toni a pearl necklace from the girls and she got me a couple of shirts. :-) I can definitely say that Christmas with kids is a lot more fun that when it was just Toni and I. :-)
This week should be nice, I'm off work all week and will probably be fairly busy running errands, cleaning and doing car maintenance. This has been a good year for the Vargas Family and I hope 2012 is even better. We hope everyone has a happy and safe New Years!
No comments:
Post a Comment