
This was a busy and extremely eventful week! The week started out on a bad note. I started the week sick and didn't really get to feeling back to myself until the last couple of days. I ended up coming home early on Monday and staying home sick on Tuesday. On Wednesday night around 12:30am, Caitlin came running into our room and started throwing up. :-( After she was done, she seemed in good spirits and wanted to drink a little water and went back to bed. Within half an hour, she was back in our room throwing up again. We decided to keep her in our room and about every 20-30 minutes she would wake up and start throwing up small amounts. We were up the rest of the night with her and by the time I went to work, she still wasn't doing better. Toni was taking Emma to the Doctor to get her flu shot and took Caitlin in as well. Luckily the Doctor was able to fit her in and the diagnosis was a stomach virus. Caitlin was finally able to keep some liquid down and pee so we let her try to get some rest the rest of the day. The next day (Friday) I stayed home with her. She still didn't have an appetite and didn't want to drink too much but by the end of the day was back to her old self. She was so cute telling me about her Doctor appointment. She kept telling me that the Doctor pushed on her stomach and patted the bottoms of her feet. Watching her act out the visit was cute. Thankfully she seems to be back to 100% now.
Emma kept us pretty busy throughout the week as well. This week saw a lot of "firsts" for her. She has started waving which is cute because she does it whenever she sees anyone now. As we were walking toward the pumpkin patch she was waving hello to everyone. :-) She also started nodding her head to say yes now which is cool. I asked her if she wanted a bottle and she kept nodding her head yes! The biggest thing she started doing though is holding her bottle by herself! We got some handles for her bottle and she'll now hold it all by herself while she's eating. She's growing up so fast!
This weekend we didn't do too much. We did take the girls to the Pumpkin patch which was fun. Caitlin didn't seem too interested in it because she had gone with her school on Tuesday for a field trip. Toni had taken the day off to go with her and said that she had fun. We also went to church on Saturday night and Caitlin had fun coloring pictures and was very proud of her binoculars that she made out of toilet paper rolls. :-)
This week we also saw my Playstation 3 die. I'm pretty bummed out because I use it all the time as our blu-ray player and to watch Netflix on so hopefully there will be some good sales during the holidays and I'll be able to replace it. This week I also bought Toni's birthday present for her which she has already opened and started using! I got her a really nice sewing machine that also does embroidery. She's been enjoying sewing with my mom's old machine and I think she'll get a lot of use out of it. She spent the afternoon with my mom sewing a dress for Caitlin. I'll post pics of it once she's done.
This is going to be a big week for us. On Saturday, Toni will celebrate her 40th birthday! We're taking Friday off and Toni wants to go to a club to celebrate! Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment