Sunday, October 16, 2011

10 months!









This was a BUSY week for us. Monday marked Emma's 10 month birthday and to mark the occasion, I had to leave work early because Emma's fever that she had been fighting since the weekend re-appeared. I took her home and then took her to the Doctor. The Doctor couldn't find anything wrong and gave us the option to give Emma a catheter to do a urine collection so she could check for a urinary tract infection. I quickly turned down this option because her fever wasn't constant and she was in good spirits. The Doctor agreed and said to continue monitoring her and if the fever was still around on Thursday or if her fever hit 104, we'd have to look at doing it. I didn't want her to go through a catheter and figured that if it came down to it, I'd figure another way to get a urine sample for the Doctor if she needed it. I stayed home with her again on Tuesday because her fever was hovering around 101-102. By Wednesday everything seemed to have cleared up until the end of the day and hasn't been back since. I think she just had a virus or was teething.

Caitlin this week has insisted that we call her "She-Hulk". Besides the Hulk cartoon, she also enjoys an old cartoon from the 1990's called "Reboot", which she pronounces "Ree-dee-boot" :-) It's amazing how fast she learns, she can now even say the days of the week in Spanish! It's cute to listen to her run around the house saying them.

Friday I had my followup appointment with the Urologist and everything looks good! There was no more microscopic blood in my urine and they're writing off the incident as a small kidney stone! :-) It's such a relief to be able to put this whole thing behind me! I've been on call all week which hasn't been any fun at all. Of the 6 nights I've been on call so far, I've been woken up after midnight on 5 of them... Thankfully tomorrow I'll be turning over on call duty. :-)

This week should be nice. Toni has a couple of days off and is going on a class field trip to the pumpkin patch with Caitlin on Tuesday. Then we're going again next weekend to get our pumpkin. Thursday she's taking another vacation day to take Emma to another Doctor appointment. Hopefully she'll be able to relax a little and enjoy her time off. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: