Monday, July 4, 2011

Tube time..





Happy 4th of July everyone! I'd especially like to thank all the men and women in uniform both past and present for your service. You make it all possible! We enjoyed our long weekend here at the house. I wish I could say we went out and did all kinds of stuff but for the most part we just stayed home and relaxed. This week was quite a busy one! On Monday we had the appointment with the ear specialist and he recommended having tubes put in Emma's ears. By Wednesday morning we were at the hospital for the procedure! It all happened so fast! We got to the hospital around 8:30 and they took Emma early around 10:00. The whole procedure lasted maybe 20 minutes and went well. We were both extremely nervous while sitting in the waiting room but luckily it went fast and before we knew it, we were in the recovery room with her. She did great and was extremely hungry and fussy after the procedure. Once she ate, she went to sleep and was released. We took her home and Toni stayed home with her for the rest of the day. We had ear drops that we had to give her for a few days and she really didn't have any side effects which was great! On Thursday both of the girls stayed with Nana Bev for the day and they seemed to have fun. Caitlin was very talkative about how much fun she had and didn't want to go home. :)

Overall, I can say that I'm more relieved than anything that the procedure is done. Hopefully Emma won't get anymore ear infections. We've got a follow up in 6 weeks but I think the worst of the ear infections are behind her. :) She's doing great so far and you wouldn't know she's had anything done. She's back to her old self laughing and smiling all the time. :)

This week should be pretty nice since it's a short week. We're starting to get prepared for Caitlin's 3rd birthday party the week after. I can't believe she's going to be 3 already! She's so grown up now!

No comments: