This was a busy week which saw Emma start sitting up on her own! She's not to the point where she can get into the seated position by herself but once we sit her up, she's able to balance for long periods of time now! I think she still prefers to stand though and is doing really well with that as well! I made a mistake on last week's post when I said that her Doctor appointment was on Friday, it's actually not until tomorrow during lunch. Toni and I are going to take her in and hopefully they'll have good news. We're a little more relaxed about things if she needs tubes put in though after talking to my friend Mike who has a kid who had it done and it was no big deal. :)
Caitlin is continuing to do well. She's now playing around with my Nintendo DS and loves all things electronic. Her and Emma both love reaching out for my phone and Caitlin even knows how to scroll through pictures and even open certain apps that she wants to play like games. She really enjoys reading on my ipad. We have a Winnie the Pooh book for the ipad and she really enjoys reading before bed. Actually, she enjoys flipping the pages and checking out the drawings but we'll get there with reading soon enough. :)
This week we got a new scissor stroller for Emma. It's so much nicer than the old one we used to have. The old one was so short that I had to hunch down to push it and a lot of the time I just left it at home because it was so uncomfortable to use. The new one is a lot easier to use. In one of the pics, Caitlin was enjoying pushing Emma around the house. :) This week I also took a day off work to spend the day with my friend Mike who was in town for his 20 year reunion! We had a good time and it was great to catch up with him. :)
This weekend I also had my first paying crown molding job! I did a powder room which I think came out really nice. I'll probably be doing the rest of his house soon as well. I'm still not sure how often I want to take on projects but it's an idea I'm throwing around. We'll see...
I'll try to put a quick update after tomorrow to let everyone know how Emma's appointment goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment