Happy Father's Day everyone! This week went pretty good. We took Friday off work and went to Austin for the weekend for a wedding. The wedding was nice and the mini-vacation was a nice getaway. With the exception of the traffic/highway system in Austin, we both liked the city. :) It was nice for the girls to be able to see family and Caitlin had a lot of fun with Grampa Andres. Anytime he would leave the room she would ask Toni and I where he was and if he was coming back soon. I think he really enjoyed seeing them as well. :) I had a pretty good day for my first Father's Day as a Father of 2. :) The girls got me a Kindle and a picture frame that says "Best Dad Ever!" :)
Caitlin had a ton of fun at the pool at the hotel and loves jumping in for me to catch her and started playing a new game where she would throw a small leaf into the pool and then jump in and try to swim around and find it. I think we'll have to take her swimming every chance we get since she enjoys it so much. :) We did have one unfortunate event by the pool though. Caitlin was standing by the pool on Saturday and a wasp landed on her nose and stung her cheek! I was most concerned about her being allergic to them but it turns out that thankfully she's not. She was scared and said her face hurt but a little snuggle time with mommy and a Popsicle and she was back to her old self. :)
At the wedding she had a lot of fun. She was running around the dance floor for a long time dancing and enjoying herself. At one point the pace of the music picked up and she got excited and said "yeah!" She must have danced for at least 45 minutes. When the dance floor was only open to the wedding party, she was sitting on the floor nodding her head to the music and enjoying herself as well.
This week should be busy. I'm on call this week and then on Wednesday my lifelong friend Mike is coming to town. Friday we have Emma's appointment with the specialist which we're both a little nervous about and then on Saturday I'm doing some crown molding for a co-worker. Should be a busy week!

No comments:
Post a Comment