I'd like to say that the 3 day weekend brought us some relaxation but I think this weekend was actually more tiring and busy than our normal weekends! We continued our work on Emma's room and it's coming along nicely. We sold that bed that had been in the room and I spent today painting. I got most of the painting done but still have to do some touch ups around the baseboard and doors. Then I need to put up the chair rail between the top and bottom sections. I painted the bottom the same yellow that we have in Caitlin's room on the bottom and the top a nice purple. It looks really nice so far and I think it's gonna look great once we get the chair rail put up. Emma's room should only take a couple of weekends since most of the trim was already up in her room. Caitlin's room took me about a month because I had to do everything at the same time. We also went this weekend and got Emma's crib! I can't wait to get the room finished and get the crib and changing table set up. I think it's gonna look really nice once it's finished.
Caitlin continues to amaze us every day. This week she started playing with her baby doll and one night was feeding her doll a bottle and then gave her a pacifier! I am looking forward to getting a picture of her holding Emma in a few months. I think she's gonna be a great helper! Tonight I was sitting in my chair exhausted after working on Emma's room all day and I asked Caitlin to get me a bottle of water. She walked over to the fridge, opened the door, got me a bottle of water, closed the door and brought it over to me! It was so cool!
This weekend we also got to spend time with Sarah, Dan and Maddie. We had a lot of fun and Caitlin really seemed to enjoy playing with Maddie. When they were leaving, Caitlin gave Maddie a kiss on the head. It was cute to watch her playing with Maddie.
This weekend she also started wanting to walk Shiloh which was fun. Toni or I would hold Shiloh on a shorter leash and Caitlin would walk next to us with a longer one. She seemed to really enjoy walking him and loves being outside.
Toni had another Doctor appointment last week which went well. Toni's belly continues to grow and Emma seems to be growing quickly and I've now been able to feel her moving a few times. Tomorrow we have a couple of Doctor appointments in the morning. First Toni has some lab work first thing in the morning to take care of and then we have another sonogram at 9:30. After that we're taking Caitlin for her follow up for her ear infections. Hopefully all of the appointments will go well, I'll try to post at least a quick update tomorrow night. Hope everyone has a great short week!

No comments:
Post a Comment