What a week! This was one of those weeks that it seemed like we were always doing something! We both had a short week because we took Thursday and Friday off to celebrate Toni's birthday on Thursday. Thursday we actually spent most of the day running errands and Toni had a lot of Doctor appointments. We started the day with Toni opening her birthday presents. Caitlin got her a charm for her charm bracelet. The charm is a peanut which for those of you following the site for a while will remember that after our first sonogram, we nicknamed Caitlin "Peanut" because that's what she looked like on the first sonogram. :) After opening her present and cards, Toni went to a Doctor appointment, then an orthodontist appointment to get fitted for a new retainer, then an eye appointment, then to buy new glasses. As she says, you know you're getting old when your entire birthday is spent at Doctor appointments! :) We went and had lunch and overall had a good day. Friday we just hung out at the house and didn't do too much but relax. :)
Yesterday we didn't do much for Halloween. Toni had a community party that she was in charge of from 4-6 so she was busy with that. Me and Caitlin stopped by for a little bit and then came home and hung out with Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dan. We passed out candy but we didn't take Caitlin out for candy. It was kind of chilly out and Caitlin was starting to get a cough so we decided to keep her bundled up and not dress her in her Snow White outfit. At least she got to wear it last week so we got to see her in it.
Today I spent the day finally putting up the crown molding I had bought several months ago for the upstairs. I had been putting it off for quite a while because there were 3 problem areas that I didn't want to deal with - 1)The house alarm siren needed to be moved, 2)the opening for the attic needed to be moved an inch or so, and 3)installing it over the staircase didn't look like it would be much fun... After several hours, I can report that the crown is all up! :) The alarm and attic took a few hours to fix and the staircase problem took some planning an Toni standing on the half wall to install it! I think it came out very nice and once we finish filling the nail holes and caulking the joints I'll post some pics. We plan on painting eventually but we're not sure when. For now, at least the crown is up! The only other projects I still have are to put window trim on 3 more windows and do crown in 2 bathrooms. Not sure when I'll get to them but I'm hoping to get it done fairly soon.
This week Caitlin also started drinking from a normal cup all by herself! I managed to get one picture of her drinking. She's doing really well but I think we'll continue with sippy cups for a little while longer. :) Friday we also went to Target and it was funny to watch her in the books section. She was having fun looking at the kid's books and was getting so excited every time she'd find a new one. She kept screaming in happiness and grabbing whatever new book she would see and start flipping the pages. :) She definitely understands a good deal of what we say and has even started answering yes or no questions (she usually answers NO) by shaking her head. Whether we ask if she wants to take a bath, go to sleep or brush her teeth, she'll usually answer us. I have a feeling that soon she'll start talking more. She's definitely understanding a lot. Also, in the third pic, she's in her new car seat that we got for Toni's car. It's a really nice seat and we'll probably get one for my car soon. She really seems to like it. :)
Well, I hope everyone has a great week. Hopefully I can get the crown finished and post a couple of pics next week. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment