This week was pretty busy. Tuesday marked a milestone for Toni and I - 9 years since we met! It sounds like a long time when I see it in writing or say it! All I can say is that I'm happy I went to my friend Victor's house 9 years ago to hang out with him, his wife at the time, and her friend Toni. :) I can say that every part of my life is better today than it was before that night and I am thankful that things happened how they did. :)
Caitlin had quite a week. Probably the biggest thing she did this week was to start nodding "yes". She now usually answers us if we ask her a question by either nodding yes or shaking her head no. Her understanding of words also continues to grow. She definitely understands the following phrases:
- Turn on or off the light
- Give me a hug
- Give me a kiss
- Pat Shiloh
- Do you want to take a bath?
- Are you hungry?
- Let's go upstairs
- Sit down
- Come here
- Put that back
- High five
I'm sure there are a lot more but these are the common ones so far. Today she was playing with a toy car/walker that Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dan got her and when I told her to sit on it, she actually sat down on it and started riding it! She also sat in her rocking chair and was trying to rock herself back and forth. Also today she rode on my shoulders and seemed to really like it. Toni said that she was smiling the whole time and I could hear her laughing the whole time. She seems to really enjoy hanging out with us and today was laying on the floor resting her head on Shiloh watching TV with us. I was trying to adjust my subwoofer and had on Transformers 2 to use to adjust the sound. At one part there is a lot of noise when a giant robot is changing and when Caitlin saw it, she started clapping! She seemed extremely interested in the movie and even sat on the chair with me and watched some of it with me. :)
She also had some quality time with Mommy this weekend. On Saturday Toni was cleaning the garage and Caitlin was following her around with a small broom trying to help sweep! It was so cute to watch her. She was also very careful after she was done to put the broom neatly against that wall. She has started handing us stuff now when she is finished rather than dropping it on the floor which is nice. :) No more bottles scattered around the living room! :) Yesterday she also decided that she was ready for a nap and walked over to Toni, took her by the hand and pulled her into her bedroom so Toni could put her in her crib for a nap! It was almost as if she wanted to say, "ok, I'm tired, it's time for a nap". It was pretty cool to watch. :)
The only other news happened tonight, she sat on the training potty and tried to use it! She only peed one drop but the cute thing was that after she peed the one drop, she took some toilet paper from Toni and started trying to clean herself. I think she's going to start using the potty pretty soon. :)
Hopefully this week won't be too bad. I've been on call all weekend and luckily it's been slow. Hopefully it'll stay that way. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment