Monday, October 12, 2009

A visit from Uncle Mike!




This week was a busy week. The week started with Caitlin being sick. She had a stomach bug or something and didn't seem like she felt good. On Sunday and Monday nights she threw up but did ok during the days. We monitored her temperature every 30 minutes or so and it never got high and the problem seems to have run its course. She's feeling a lot better now and is back to her old self.
This week Caitlin seemed to want to draw a lot more than normal. In the picture, she's drawing at school and during the week she also tried drawing at home with a crayon and was even coloring at a restaurant. She also was extremely entertained the other night by Toni's Nintendo DS! She laid on her back and was just touching the screen laughing and smiling and trying to press buttons. It looked like she was laying there actually playing it even though she was just messing with the game introduction. She seemed to really enjoy playing around with it.
On Wednesday my friend Mike came in from California to see his daughter Britni graduate from Basic Training. Congratulations to her and we all wish her nothing but success in her career! We had a nice visit with Mike and I hope to see him again soon. It seems impossible but I've known Mike for 27 years! We went out to eat with Mike and found that Caitlin likes Buffalo Wild Wings. :) We cut up some of my mild wings and gave her just the chicken (not the breading on the boneless wings) and seemed to enjoy any little amount of wing sauce that she got. We also took Caitlin to the Disney store and got her Halloween costume - Snow White. I think she's gonna look very cute. :) We also got her a new pair of shoes at Stride Rite. They have laces rather than the normal velcro but they are really nice and I think she'll get a few months of use out of them. She's up to a size 5 1/2.
Today when I picked Caitlin up from school it was so cool! She saw me when I was opening the door and her face immediately lit up and she came running to me with open arms. She gave me a big hug and started trying to talk with her babbling noises. It was a high point of my day. :) Tonight we got some great pics of Caitlin taking a bath. She seems to love taking a bath and as you can see in the pics, really seems to have fun. She actually gets mad when we take her out!
Tomorrow Caitlin turns 15 months old! She has a checkup at 8:30 that Toni is taking her to and then they are both stopping by my job for lunch. I'll post her growth stats tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Mari Galarza said...

I have to say that she looks like her Daddy more every day.