



This week went pretty well. Caitlin had her 15 month appointment and everything went well there. This weekend we decided to take Caitlin back to the Pumpkin Patch. We had taken Caitlin last year but she was too young to enjoy it. If you go back to the pictures from last year's trip to the Pumpkin patch you'll see that we had to prop her up against the bigger pumpkins for our photos because she still wasn't sitting up on her own. This year was a completely different story! Caitlin walked around on her own and even picked out her own pumpkin! :) When we first walked up, she didn't want to let go of my hand and didn't seem too sure of what was going on. She kinda sat back and watched other kids to figure out what was going on for a while. She definitely got my "look before you leap" personality. We got a lot of great pics that I wish I could post but there were so many good ones that I settled on my favorites to post this week. Toward the end, Caitlin was really having a lot of fun walking around and touching all of the pumpkins. On the way home she didn't want to let go of her small pumpkin (the one she's holding in most of the pics). After the pumpkin patch, we went to lunch and Caitlin seemed to enjoy the Chinese food we had. She also enjoyed looking at the big fish in the restaurant's huge fish tank. We ended Saturday washing my car. Caitlin walked around the yard with Toni and they even walked down to get the mail.
Today we washed Toni's car and Caitlin again seemed to enjoy being outside with us. When I was cleaning the wheels, she came up behind me and gave me a big hug. :) After washing the car, we went to the back yard where I started painting crown molding that I'll be installing upstairs soon (hopefully). Caitlin had a lot of fun chasing Shiloh around the yard and even figured out how to open the screen door to go back in the house by herself. She spent a good 10 minutes opening the door, going inside, closing the door, opening it again, going back outside, etc... I love hearing her laugh when she gets excited!
This week she also learned another new word. She now understands the word "up". If we're on the couch and we ask her if she wants to get up, she'll raise her arms to be picked up. She's understanding a lot now. New phrases I've noticed this week are, "hug Shiloh", "give me that", "let's put your shoes on", and "sit down". This week she started wanting to climb things. Toni has a small step stool next to her bed that Caitlin picked up and brought over to us, put down in front of us and proceeded to take one of our hands for support and climb up on the stool and stand up! She seemed to really enjoy it and was laughing and clapping each time she would get up. She has also tried to do the same thing in her toy rocking chair which we are obviously trying to discourage!
We also put out a couple of jack-o-lanterns which Caitlin seemed to enjoy today. One of them is almost as big as her. :) Hopefully this week will be a good one. I'm hoping to try to get the remaining 7 pieces of crown molding painted (I painted 5 today) and with any luck I can hopefully get started on the upstairs soon. There are 3 problem areas though that I've been putting off for a while but I'd like to get it done soon. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment