
What a week! This week saw a couple of "firsts" for Caitlin. To start, she has started moving around the room in her walker. We had put her in her walker in the kitchen while we were having dinner and suddenly she started trying to grab Shiloh! She rolled around pretty well trying to catch up to him in both forward and reverse. After the first night, she's now pretty much moving in her walker every time we put her in it. It was so cool to watch her looking at Shiloh and then start moving toward him. The second "first" happened on Friday afternoon. Caitlin was in her crib taking a nap and started crying. When I went into her room, she was sitting up in her crib! That was the first time she's been able to sit herself up from laying down and now is doing it pretty much all the time. In addition to those firsts, she's also started consistently reaching her arms out to be picked up if we put our arms out towards her. It isn't the first time it's happened but it's the first time she's done it consistently. This week she seemed to crave being close to us and has started hugging with a strong grip. :) She's trying to crawl as well and I think that's going to happen very soon. For now, she's crawling backwards or rolling to where she wants to go and has started trying to touch and taste pretty much everything she can get her hands on. Needless to say, she's keeping us on our toes!
In other news this week, I said goodbye to my friends at Wachovia. Friday was my last day and tomorrow I'll be starting my new job at UTSA. I'm not sure what I'm feeling at this point. I'm not excited or nervous or really feeling anything about it. It might sound weird but it still hasn't really hit me that I'm embarking on another change in my life. I think it'll be a good move for me and hopefully provide me some stability that I've been missing in my career over the last year. I am thankful to have met and worked with and for some great people at Wachovia and hope to keep in touch with them.
I'll definitely try to post a quick note during the week to let everyone know how the new job is going. I hope everyone has a great week!


No comments:
Post a Comment