This week Caitlin hit a major milestone in her growth! For the first time, she was able to roll herself from her stomach onto her back! She's definitely getting stronger and I have a feeling that soon we're going to be chasing after her as she starts crawling and wanting to explore. She actually has enough strength in her legs to support herself if we balance her. Once her arms catch up with her legs, I think she's going to be off and running. Other than rolling over, Caitlin continues to amaze me every day. She continues trying to communicate with us and it seems like every day she's smiling and making more sounds than the day before.
On Saturday Caitlin got to go to her first birthday party for her Cousin Ethan's 3rd birthday. The party had a super hero theme focusing on Spiderman and Batman. The kids seemed to have fun whailing away on their Batman pinata that was actually bigger than most of them. :) Caitlin did great on the way to and from Austin for the party so I'm hopeful that she'll do as well when we make the much longer drive to Brownsville for Thanksgiving. Today we took Caitlin out to eat with us to go have lunch with friends and then came home to start getting ready for the week. This week I am off on Tuesday and will be going to have lunch with friends from my old job and then Thursday is Caitlin's 4 month birthday! Thursday morning we're taking Caitlin to the Doctor for her 4 month checkup and while we're there, the doctor will be piercing Caitlin's ears! Toni and I both feel safer having the Doctor pierce her ears rather than taking her to the mall to have it done. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment