
This week was another busy week for the Vargas family. I had Tuesday off work for Veterans day and I took Caitlin to have lunch with a couple of friends from my old job. We had a good time and I think Caitlin enjoyed seeing new people. After that, I took Caitlin to Toni's job so she could meet all of Toni's co-workers. Caitlin definitely attracted a lot of attention that day. :)
On Thursday, Caitlin turned 4 months old! To mark the occasion, she had her 4 month checkup. At this checkup she got 4 immunizations which she didn't enjoy at all and we had the Doctor pierce her ears. I don't think she liked how loud it got when they pierced her ears (the thing they used to do the piercing was pretty loud) but she hasn't seemed to notice the earrings since. I was a little concerned that they would bother her but so far she hasn't seemed to mind them. In other news, Caitlin has grown quite a bit in 4 months. Here's a comparison from when she was born. 8lbs 11oz at birth vs. 14lbs 15oz today. 20.5 inches long at birth vs. 25.5 inches long today. She's in the 90th percentile for height and the 78th percentile for weight. Her head size has also increased although I don't have the exact numbers. The Doctor has also told us that we can start feeding Caitlin rice cereal once a day to start introducing her to more solid foods. So far she hasn't really seemed too thrilled with it and I think she'd rather continue with her bottle because the cereal takes longer for her to eat. Caitlin's next appointment will be in January for her 6 month birthday.
This week Caitlin continued changing before our eyes. She continues to be more engaged with us and seems to be smiling, laughing and watching us more each day. She has started turning to watch TV and yesterday we got her a chair that she can rotate in that has 4 different playthings surrounding her. Yesterday after we showed her how to make a couple of them make noise, she actually reached out and interacted with it herself! We've put her in the chair a couple of times and she started playing on her own each time. We still think that she is left handed because every time she has reached for anything, she has used her left hand. Yesterday also marked another first, Caitlin slept in her own room for the first time. We have a baby monitor camera with night vision on the crib so we were able to see and hear her throughout the night. She seemed to enjoy her crib and slept throughout the night. I think she'll be more comfortable on the mattress and will have more space. She's starting to get too long to sleep comfortably in her pack and play so the crib should work out nicely.
This week should be another busy week. Toni will be going out of town on business for a few days and I'll be taking Wednesday off to take care of Caitlin. Caitlin's Nana Bev got summoned for jury duty and won't be able to watch her. Depending on the weather, I may take Caitlin to lunch with some friends or if the weather is too bad, just hang out around the house.

No comments:
Post a Comment