Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Toni!

This week we celebrated Toni's 37th birthday! Unfortunately she was out of town on business for half the week but we took the day after her birthday off so we could hang out with her father and then today we took Toni to lunch for Italian food. Nana Bev, Grampa Bob and Aunt Sarah all went as well to help Toni celebrate. This week went by pretty fast. I spent the first 3 days with Caitlin by myself at night while Toni and her dad went to Colorado. We got a webcam so we were able to have video chats at night so Toni was still able to see Caitlin every night. Technology is cool! :) Friday night we didn't do much for Halloween. Caitlin was the only one with a full costume (she was a sheep) and with Toni being out of town most of the week, we didn't have time to find her a Bo-Peep costume to go along with Caitlin's outfit. My plan was to go as Indiana Jones but the only thing I bought was the hat! Halloween turned out to be a non-event. Not a lot of people showed up for candy at the house so I donned my fedora, put our little sheep in the car seat and we all went to Chili's for dinner. :)


Caitlin has started using her hands a lot more this week. She is now grabbing things and we're starting to think she might be left handed. She tends to grab things with her left hand so we'll see what happens. It's totally amazing to watch her. Sometimes she'll look at us and her face will light up with a huge smile. It's so cool to see and really makes me forget any problems I have at that moment. She's also giggling and making all kinds of noises like she's trying to communicate. This week she seemed more vocal than at any time before.

This week should be a little slower for us. Toni's in town all week and it'll be business as usual for me. I've started applying for other jobs that I've seen that look good and am really hopeful about a job working for the school district that I applied for. The pay and schedule would be great and the job sounds like it would provide enough challenges to stay interesting.

No comments: