Sunday, September 7, 2008

Week #8


This week went by pretty fast. With last weekend being a long weekend it was nice to have a 4 day workweek. We managed to get some nice pictures of Caitlin and I've posted them on picture link on the upper left hand part of this page or you can click on it at the bottom of this post. This week Caitlin did a lot better with spitting up and crying. The Prevacid may actually be helping. We still had a couple nights of an hour or so of crying but anything is easier to take than the 3 hour marathons Caitlin had been putting us through in the weeks before. :)

Caitlin continues to change before our eyes. This week she has started using her hands more and trying to hold on to things like her bottle. I also think her eyes are getting bigger by the day. Today Caitlin and I spent part of the afternoon watching the Pittsburgh Steelers shred the Houston Texans 38-17! :) Actually I watched and Caitlin slept but I'm trying to get her started out on the right path now. Heaven forbid she grows up to be a Dallas Cowboys fan! :)

Other than that, things are pretty quiet for us. We didn't get any definite news about the job situation but in my opinion, it doesn't look good. The Vice President came around on Friday to talk to us all and tell us what our severance package would be (zero for me) and that if we are laid off, we will be told within the next 2 weeks and then given at least 2 months before our last day. It still looks like all of the management will be going down with the ship in my area if we are let go so it's hard to get mad at them if it happens. If they were letting everyone go to save themselves or were going to be rewarded with a bonus or raise at the end of the year after letting their people go I might feel different. So it looks like sometime within the next 2 weeks I'll find out if I'll be looking for another job in 2008. I have a feeling we'll know sometime this week but no one really knows at this point.

This week Caitlin has her 2 month checkup on Friday morning. She will be getting a shot and getting checked out to make sure everything looks good. I'm going to be going to work late on Friday so that I can go to the appointment with Toni.


I've posted a new album of pictures of Caitlin here. Enjoy! http://picasaweb.google.com/vargas11055/CaitlinSeptember#

No comments: