Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another busy week


This week Caitlin continued maturing. She now is making a lot more noises like she's trying to talk and thankfully the colic has cleared up so our nights are no longer marathons of crying. :) She definitely seems like she's becoming more aware of her surroundings and she seems like she's trying to communicate with us which has been amazing to see. She still is spitting up a little from time to time but it's a lot better than it was so we're very happy about that. Toni bought a jogging stroller at the end of the week and we've taken Caitlin out in it a few times and she really seems to enjoy it. It's made by Jeep and it has everything from an iPod holder and speaker to a battery powered dashboard that makes noises that Caitlin will be able to play with when she gets a little older. I'm hoping the weather will stay nice so I can start running again. Caitlin also seems to be enjoying her baths more as well. Initially she would cry pretty much from start to finish but lately she's been very well behaved. She's been wearing all of her bath robes and the picture of her above is her wearing one of them after a bath. :) We're already having to retire some of her clothes as well. She's getting so big that most of her newborn stuff doesn't fit anymore and even some of her 0-3 month old clothes aren't fitting anymore either. It has been amazing to watch her change before our eyes.

Today we went out so Toni could satisfy her craving for doughnuts from Shipley's and afterwards, we stopped to see what I had been planning to for my mid-life crisis before Caitlin was born - the 2009 Dodge Challenger. I can describe the car in 1 word -SWEET. Surprisingly it actually has enough room in the back seat for Caitlin but I don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon. We also looked at the new 2009 Dodge Ram which also was very nice but I think I'll keep my 2002 Ram for a while. It's paid for and still runs fine and at this point, I'd rather not have to deal with a car payment than have a new vehicle. Maybe in a couple of years I'll look at the Challenger again... :)



No comments: