Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Nursery - Week 2

This weekend I continued working on the nursery. I got the room painted with 2 different colors - a light pink and a light yellow separated by a chair rail. We painted the top portion pink and the bottom portion yellow. We've only got Chair rail up on 2 of the walls so far but it's really coming together. Next I need to get the window trim done and then I can finish off the chair rail and move on to the crown molding. Hopefully I can finish all of it within the next weekend or 2. We also started hanging pictures that we've picked up. We've put up some Winnie the Pooh and Classic Pooh stuff up so far.

Other than that, we spent the rest of the weekend registering at Wal-Mart and Target. We're now pretty much setup for the baby shower's we have scheduled. We have our first one here in San Antonio May 17th that my friend Karen has graciously taken the lead on and started putting together invitations and planning activities for the shower. Then the weekend after that we're heading down to Brownsville for a baby shower from Toni's family. Then to keep our month going fast, Toni is going to Washington DC for work the following weekend. With everything that's going on, May should fly by! Here's how our schedule looks so far:

4/24 - Sonogram #3
5/3 - Our 5th Wedding Anniversary!!
5/17 - Baby Shower (San Antonio)
5/23 - Brownsville trip
6/7 - 9 hour hospital training

Toni's starting to grow quite fast now and Caitlin is extremely active. I'll try to get some pics of Toni and Caitlin online soon. We have our 3rd sonogram this coming Thursday so we're both very excited about that. Thursday also marks a major milestone for us - the start of the third trimester!

The only other thing to report is a major milestone for me. After 7 months of hard work and dedication, I'm now officially in my ideal weight range! When I started out, I was tipping the scales at 228.6 (Obese), today, I weighed in at 182.6 (.4 pounds into the "ideal weight" range!). I've now lost 46 pounds and have 4 more to go to hit my goal of 50!!

Well, I'll update more later this week. Check out what's going on in week 27 which starts Thursday - http://www.babiesonline.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week27.asp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There should be a song about all of the continually "stuff" to do and get, hehe. Sounds like the room is going to look amazing. I am so glad that Winnie the Pooh made a comeback. I still have Brian's first Pooh, guess it would be considered an antique after 32 years :) Give Caitlin a hug for me!

CONGRATULATIONS David!!! Good luck on those last 4.