This week was Toni's first week at her real estate job exclusively and she definitely seems a lot happier. We did deal with some issues during the week though. First up, I purchased a new middle row seat for Toni's van from eBay. Her old one got damaged from some cleaner that spilled on it and damaged the leather. I found a seat that was from the same model as hers and it was shipped to us. It was relatively straightforward to install. Today I spent the morning at my Dad's house to replace Toni's rear brakes. He has a flat driveway so it was a lot easier to get done. The brake job took a few hours and wasn't quite as straightforward as the Youtube videos made it look but I've done several brake jobs years ago so I figured it out. On of the bag pads was down to bare metal and had damaged the rotor. We replaced the pads and rotors and bought tools and still saved money vs going to Firestone under warranty. I'm really disgusted with Firestone at this point and I think moving forward if I'm able to do the work myself, I'm going to. My next project is going to be restoring the headlights on Toni's van and then replacing the front brakes. After that I want to replace all of the shocks. I'm sure in the next year or so I'm also going to need to do the brakes on my truck as well..

No comments:
Post a Comment