Monday, October 23, 2017

Getting ready for the Holidays!














This weekend we decided to break from the norm and do something different as a family. No work, no electronics. Just spending time together as a family. On Saturday, we went to Love Creek Orchards for their pumpkin patch/apple orchard. We had a lot of fun. The girls played in the hay maze and we got to go on a tour of the apple orchard which the girls earned girl scout patches for. There was also a petting zoo which the girls had a lot of fun at. Sunday we decided to do something different and went to the mall. We hardly ever go to the mall anymore and it was almost like a blast to the past. Caitlin has been saving money for a while and decided to get herself a lava lamp. We also got both girls new pairs of Converse shoes which they were excited about. Overall, it was a lot of fun just walking around and spending time together. As much as I enjoy online shopping, there’s something to be said for getting the family out of the house and walking around.

In other news, today marks day #100 since I started eating right and exercising and I’m down 30.8 pounds! I had set a goal of breaking 200 by Halloween and am currently at 202. We stopped last night at Old Navy and I picked up a few new clothes because the clothes I have are just too big now. I’ve gone from a 38 inch waist to a 34!

This week should be busy. We’ve got to get the kids Halloween costumes and Toni’s birthday is on Sunday. I’m setting a goal to post on this blog once a week now. I’m really disappointed that I haven’t put anything up in the last couple of years. Hopefully this time it’ll stick!

No comments: