Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Fathers Day!!











 
Happy Father’s Day everyone! Our weekend started a day early this week. Toni and I took Friday off and we went to see “Man of Steel” which we both enjoyed a lot. After that, we went to the kids school and brought Caitlin’s class a cake and cupcakes. Emma joined the class as well and we had a nice visit before nap time with the girls. Next we went to the mall and to “The Art of Shaving” store so I could get a “Royal Shave” for Father’s Day. Basically it’s an old fashioned shave with a straight razor. It was a nice experience with the hot towel, pre-shave lotion and hot shaving cream. It was enjoyable until the lady started shaving my neck. When she got to my neck she went against the growth which for me is not a good thing. Even 3 days later my neck is still red and one big rash. The strange thing was that it really didn’t start bothering me until she was done but when it flared up, it wasn’t fun. If I ever do it again, I’ll definitely need to tell the person not to go against the growth.

We had a good weekend with the girls. We went out for breakfast and besides the shave, the girls got me cards and a snoopy mailbox with candy in it. They both picked out their own cards which were nice, Emma chose a Snoopy card and Caitlin got me one with a dog wearing Superman costume because both me and Shiloh are her super heroes. Emma also stuck with the super hero theme with her mask that she's wearing in the first picture. It says "My Dad is my super hero". I thought she looked so cute wearing it. Caitlin also drew a family portrait which I thought was very cute. She didn't want to leave anyone out so she drew a lot of people and she was especially proud of the dogs which she said look like ants. :-)

Other than that, the week seemed to fly by. Toni is taking Taekwando classes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights so I’m getting to spend quite a bit of time with the girls during the week which is fun.

No comments: