Monday, June 10, 2013

Graduation!















This weekend, we celebrated a major milestone in Caitlin's life! She graduated from Pre-school! On Saturday we went to the Pre-K2 graduation at Caitlin's school and I can honestly say, it's one of the proudest moments of my life. I realize of course that there will be other, much bigger days in the kids lives but I was so proud of Caitlin. She did introductions and thanked everyone for coming to the graduation and did a great job singing and doing the performances. She's usually so shy but she really did very well. To mark this important moment in her life, I got her a small pair of diamond hoop earrings. Obviously I didn't go overboard but they are really pretty and she's very proud of them. I could see on her face how important she felt and how happy it made her that I was proud of her. Both girls are growing up so fast and I am really trying to enjoy every moment. Besides getting her diploma, Caitlin also got a certificate of attendance. She and one other boy are the first kids to attend the school from the infant room through Pre-k2!

Other than the graduation, things are going busy as usual. Toni is really enjoying her mini-van, as are the girls. Both girls love opening their own doors and they now want to take Toni's car everywhere rather than mine. On Sunday night we took the girls to Rudy's for bar-b-que. We had a good time and Caitlin had a lot of fun giving mommy goose bumps by whispering into her ear. It was funny to watch and that's what's going on in the second to last pic. Emma is doing great as well and is very proud of her big sister. Right as the graduation was starting, Emma got out of her chair and walked over to Caitlin to say hi. It was funny to watch. I recorded the entire graduation which will be nice to have to look back on.

No comments: