Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy...







It seems like every time I turn around weeks have passed since I updated the blog. :-( Things around the Vargas house have been busy. Since my last post, we celebrated my 41st birthday. The girls are doing great. Caitlin is writing letters and numbers very well now and knows how to spell her first name now without help. She's doing so good! Emma is learning quickly too. I built the girls a frame around a metal board and they enjoy playing with their magnetic letters on it. Emma actually knows most of her letters when we ask her and she even will sing her ABC's and count as high as 10!


Right now my nights are being kept busy with building a new bed for Caitlin. I'm building her a loft bed which should be nice when it's done. The picture above is of the foot board of the bed. I've still got a lot of work to do but it's going to be nice when it's done. She'll be about 4 feet off the ground so she'll have a nice area under the bed for a fort, desk or storage. I'm going to try to make it look like a princess bed. Hopefully it'll come out nice. Her favorite color is blue so we're going to paint it blue and white like Cinderella's castle. She seems very excited and even asked me to put in a staircase and a slide. I'd love to do that but unfortunately neither would fit in her room. :-(

Unfortunately I'm going to keep it short tonight but I wanted to get something posted since it's been a while. Hope everyone is doing great!

No comments: