This was another busy week around the Vargas house. Most nights during the week I spent an hour or 2 working on Caitlin's new bed. It's turning out to be a lot more work than I anticipated and I think it's going to be at least 2 more weekends before I'm finished. I'm customizing the plans quite a bit to make it more along the princess theme so that's a lot of the reason for the added time. Early in the week I assembled the bed in the dining room downstairs to dry fit everything. Luckily I did because I did find 2 little things that needed adjustment. The bed is extremely solid and I think Caitlin will get several years of use out of it. When she first saw it, she asked me how she was going to get in and out of it since it was so high. Once she started playing on the ladder, she told me that it wouldn't be a problem. :-) I've got about half of the parts sanded with a new sander I got during the week. It's really helping speed things up. I have a feeling that in 2 years when I build Emma's bed, things will go a lot faster.
Thursday Emma stayed home sick with a fever. Caitlin stayed home to help me with her and by early afternoon the fever was gone. Emma told me that her tummy hurt and that she wanted to take a nap. Then she went and laid down and slept for about 4 hours. Sleep and Tylenol seemed to do the trick and she was back to herself by the afternoon.
This weekend we just stayed home. Yesterday the weather wasn't very good and with the time change last night, everyone's schedule is off. Today we went to church and to Jim's for breakfast. Overall, we had a good day. :-) This weekend I also decorated the girl's Christmas trees for Easter. Neither of them wanted to take their trees down in January so we decorated them for Valentines Day. Since Valentines Day has passed, we decided to go with the next holiday. :-)






No comments:
Post a Comment