Monday, July 16, 2012

4 years old!!




4 years old! Can you believe it??? I know I can't! I know I've said this a thousand times on this blog but I'm amazed every day watching the girls grow! I can't believe 4 years have already gone by. We've been busy as always here at the Vargas house. The biggest news is that on Friday Caitlin turned 4! We took the day off work and started the day with her 4 year checkup. She's doing great and passed her vision and hearing tests with flying colors. It was cute when she was doing the vision test, the eye chart was shapes and she went through listing them off (heart, star, apple, etc.) and when she got to the "+", she stopped for a minute and then said, "boo boo". :-) She's getting big and weighed in around 45 pounds and was 42 inches tall. The Doctor said her BMI is too high but I'm not sure I agree. Caitlin isn't fat so I'm not sure where she's getting that information from! We also had the Doctor look at her toe. A couple of days before, Caitlin dropped an iPad on her big toe. It looked pretty bad but we've been soaking her foot and it looks like it's doing better. Luckily there's been no infection. Caitlin also got 2 shots which she didn't enjoy at all. :-( For lunch, we took Caitlin to the school and had a party for her with her classmates. It was a lot of fun an she seemed to really enjoy it.

This weekend we had her birthday party here at the house and I think everyone had a great time. Caitlin was super excited and enjoyed all of her friends coming over and especially enjoyed opening presents and eating cake. She got a lot of nice gifts and even got a bike from Nana Bev and Grampa Bob! She insists that she doesn't need the training wheels but we're going to leave them on for a while. :-) Hopefully it'll cool down a bit and she'll be able to go riding soon!

In other news, the previous weekend we went to a birthday party for my friend's son Ethan who turned 7. The party was at Chuck-E-Cheese and both girls really enjoyed themselves. Emma especially liked some of the rides she went on and they both enjoyed playing the games. We also had some excitement with Emma one night.. She fell face first into one of the kitchen cabinets and busted her lip open pretty bad. Luckily we got he bleeding under control and she's doing fine now but both girls have given us scares over the last couple weeks.

Further back, on the 4th of July we took the girls to the pool. Caitlin had a blast swimming and was doing pretty good treading water. She didn't want her floaties on but she's not quite to the point where she can stay floating without them yet. She even held her breath and went under water all by herself which was cool. Emma didn't want anything to do with the water. The closest she came was sitting on the edge next to Toni and putting her feet in right before we left. Maybe next time!

I think that sums up the last couple of weeks. We've been keeping busy and having fun. The girls are growing so fast and it's amazing to watch them every day. Wednesday they get to go to the Dentist with us so that should be an adventure. :-) Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

This One Time at Art Camp said...

AWWWW 4 already!! Such beautiful girls!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow does time fly! THey are both beautiful and you and Toni look great also! Laura MorĂ¡n