This week went by pretty quick. The biggest news this week was that my Cousin Jill and her husband Nate welcomed their first child, Gretchen into the world. We're both very excited for them and wish them them luck on their journey into parenthood. The best advice I can give you both is that it gets easier every day. :)
This week was fairly uneventful so there's not a lot to report. We spent the weekend putting up security cameras on the house and just hanging out. The girls are both doing very well. Caitlin is talking all the time and doing great with her potty training. She hasn't had any accidents in about 2 weeks and is even making it through most nights without wetting her pull up! She's doing very good and we're both very proud of her. This week we've finally gotten a brief break from watching Spiderman as well. She found the old animated series of Godzilla from the 1970's on Netflix and is enjoying watching that. Every time Godzilla shows up on the screen she tells me that the big Aligator is coming! The other night we had a really interesting conversation. As she was laying in bed going to sleep she started asking me about painting Emma's room and asked me if I remembered her putting the stickers on Emma's walls. I told her yes and she asked me if I painted her room too. When I told her yes, she said thank you and that she liked the pink color of her room. Then she asked, "when I get older, like 8, can we paint my room together?" It was so cute and I was totally shocked by how grown up she sounded!
Emma is doing great as well! This week she started really grabbing things and it's like she's discovered her hands. She's constantly smiling and laughing and loves interacting with Caitlin. She's still not rolling over completely yet but is rolling onto her side. She doesn't like being on her stomach too much so I'm not surprised that she's not trying to roll over all the way yet. Tomorrow is her last day on her medicine and we're both hoping that the ear infection has cleared. It's a few more weeks before we have another appointment so we'll see.
I'm going to keep it short this week but I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment