This week was loaded with stuff going on! Early in the week, Toni and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary! Toni decided the best way to celebrate was to pull out her wedding dress to show Caitlin. Probably not the best idea considering she's had 2 children and 1 of those was less than 5 months ago.. It was a little snug but Caitlin was more than happy to put it on and model for us. :) She looked very cute. Sometimes it doesn't seem possible that we've been married for so long and I'm in awe everytime I look at the life we've built together. Caitlin and Emma are without a doubt the 2 things that I am most proud of in my life. 8 years ago I never could have guessed how things would turn out but I honestly wouldn't change anything. Life is good. :)
Early this week we also has some work done on the house! We had a concrete patio put in the back yard which looks awesome! It's 12x22 and gives us a lot of room to sit and relax together. Some day I hope to be able to build a roof to cover it so we can relax in the shade but that'll be a ways down the road.. We also had the guy put in brick flower beds on the front of the house and they've made a huge difference! Our house no longer looks like a box! We're going to load them up with flowers soon. We bought some today but we still need to get some planting soil to fill the garden beds with. It should look really nice and improve the curb appeal of our house. Caitlin loves the patio and wants to go out into the yard all the time to play. She'll run around the back yard imitating Rapunzel from the movie "Tangled" yelling "Best day ever!!" She also wants to be like Rapunzel and go barefoot outside but with the Texas bugs and the scalding temps, we don't let her live her Rapunzel dream in that respect. :)
Friday we got some news we didn't want to get. We took Emma back for her followup and her ear infection still hasn't cleared. Since she's allergic to the main medicine that is used to treat ear infections, the Doctor has been trying to use other medicines with no success. We now have to take Emma to an Ear/Nose/Throat specialist and will probably end up having tubes put in her ears. We're very apprehensive about doing this since it will require Emma to be put under anesthesia but the Doctor told us the procedure takes only a couple of minutes and is about as safe as you can get. The problem now though is that the earliest any of the 3 specialists can see us is the end of June! Emma's been doing great and shows no signs of being bothered by the ear infection. She's reaching out and grabbing things all the time now and can lift herself up pretty well when she's on her tummy. She's also rolling on her side and is getting very close to rolling over completely!
Friday night we also had dinner with an old friend from high school who I hadn't seen in nearly 20 years! She found me on Facebook a few weeks ago and was in town seeing her parents. We had a great time and it was great to see her. I am totally amazed by Facebook. Caitlin and Emma will litterally never have to lose touch with friends in their lives. It's an amazing tool!
Yesterday was pretty tiring. I spent the day helping my friend build a shed in his back yard. We've been building it for at least 6 weeks now and we're in the home stretch. It's coming out really nice and I'm amazed that we actually built it ourselves. Working behind a desk all day, it's nice to be able to get out and build something. :) We should be done soon and I'll post pics when we finish.
Today Toni celebrated her first mother's day as a mother of 2 and she said that it's been her best mother's day yet! Toni and Emma got her a gift and a card and Caitlin brought them bother to her and said, "Happy Mother's Day Mommy. I love you!" It was the sweetest thing to watch! We then all went out to breakfast and then to Lowe's to buy some plants for the new garden beds. Later in the afternoon we went and saw Nana Bev and Grampa Bob. Toni got some sewing tips and a sewing machine from Nana Bev. She's planning on sewing some stuff for Caitlin's "Tangled" themed birthday party in July! :) We had a nice visit and Caitlin had a lot of fun. We spent the afternoon relaxing on the patio and Caitlin played in her inflatable pool. She seemed to have a lot of fun. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment