
What a busy week this was! The biggest development was with Caitlin and her rock wall on her swing set! If you look at the bottom of this post, you'll see a video of her from earlier in the week. Caitlin went out to her rock wall and started climbing it all on her own! When I offered her help, she kept saying "go away daddy!" She was able to climb it several times and it was incredible to see her do it each time! She is growing up so fast! This week she went and got a haircut and was extremely well behaved! She's been enjoying her swing set and loves going high on the swing. Friday night Aunt Sarah, Uncle Dan and Cousin Maddie came over and Caitlin and Maddie had fun swinging together. It was fun to watch both of their faces light up and see how much fun they were having!
Caitlin continues maturing every day and this week seemed like she made quantum leaps in her talking and understanding. She seems to understand just about everything we say and now tells us when she wants to go upstairs and when she wants to go outside. Today I told her that I needed to put my shoes on so we could go outside and she ran into my bedroom, got my shoes and came running out and started trying to put my shoes on my feet for me! She has also started putting her stuffed animal in her stroller when we're at the store and will push the stroller around on her own! The most amazing thing by far though was tonight when Toni asked Caitlin if she wanted to give Emma a kiss. Caitlin said yes and then ran over to Toni and kissed her stomach! We asked where Emma was and Caitlin pointed to Toni's stomach and said "inside". I then asked her if Emma was a baby and she responded, "yeah". She also said "yeah" when we asked her if she loved Emma, Mommy and Daddy!
Tuesday night we got to see an old friend of mine who I found on Facebook and hadn't seen in 24 years! We went out to see my friend Bonnie and her family. I went to 7th and 8th grade with Bonnie in Massachusetts and it was great to see her again after so many years! It's amazing how many people I've found on Facebook. It's got to be one of the coolest things ever invented. :) Caitlin had fun playing with the other kids and especially enjoyed playing with the 2 dogs that Bonnie's family has. It was a nice visit and I hope it's not another 24 years before we see each other again. They're having a reunion up in Massachusetts for all the people I grew up with. I really wish I could go but it would be really difficult at this point. Hopefully they'll have another one in a few years.
Yesterday we went out to Corpus Christi to see some of Toni's family. We had a nice visit and Caitlin enjoyed going to the Museum of Science and History. She especially enjoyed playing in the children's area with her Cousins. We had a lot of fun and went out to Fuddruckers for a late lunch before coming back to San Antonio. It was a nice visit and Caitlin seemed to really enjoy seeing all of her Cousins and Aunt and Uncle.
This week Toni also had another appointment for Emma. Everything looked great and there's nothing new to report. We have another sonogram Tuesday morning and if they confirm that Emma is actually a girl this time, I'll get started on painting her room! We've been working on cleaning everything out and hopefully can get it done. :) Tomorrow we will hit 21 weeks! More than halfway there! Toni is starting to show quite a bit and had to go get more maternity clothes this week because she was quickly running out of things to wear! I'll post more after Tuesday's sonogram to keep everyone updated.

No comments:
Post a Comment