
The weather certainly has gotten colder so at least we can feel like Christmas is actually upon us! :) Yesterday we got up early and took Caitlin to Ingram Park Mall to get her picture taken with Santa! As you can see, she really didn't like sitting on his lap and pretty much from the moment we sat her down she was trying to get away! It went pretty much how we expected but we're both happy that we were able to get a picture of her sitting on Santa's lap. We'll definitely be going back there next year to get pics of Caitlin with Santa again. Last year we went to Bass Pro Shops for the free picture and spend an hour and a half waiting in line. This year we spent maybe 5 minutes in line and got a pretty nice set of pics. For only $25 it's well worth paying to not stand in line for hours. :)
This week went pretty good. Caitlin has started doing one new thing that's kind of cool, when she's done with her dinner she'll pick up her plate and hand it to us! That's a welcome change from her old way which was either flipping the plate over on the table or throwing food to Shiloh. :) She's also getting very good at drinking from a cup, although we try to keep her with sippy cups whenever possible. :) She also continues getting more playfull the more mobile she gets. In the last picture she's playing hide and seek with me in a piece of furniture. :)
This week we also finished decorating the house. I did have one incident with out tree lights and a pair of scissors.. Long story short - If you're cutting branches back, make certain there are no wires hidden in the branch you're cutting! And whatever you do, cut the branches back BEFORE you decorate the entire tree! Not only did I end up cutting one of the strings of lights, but then in my attemp to fix them, shorted then entire set out when I was trying to splice the wires back together! Needless to say, I ended up having to remove 400 lights from a fully decorated tree to replace them with working lights.... The house looks great though and I think Caitlin really enjoys it. She seems captivated by the lights and every night when we'd get home she would take me by the hand and walk me out to the tree in the living room and start sniffing at it! I think she likes the smell of Pine trees as much as I do. :)
We also managed to get our Christmas shopping done and this week we have to work on a Christmas project for Caitlin for school, bake Christmas cookies, write Christmas cards, make our gingerbread house kit that we got and I'm hoping to finally get around to making homemade egg-nog. I've always wanted to try making it so we'll see what happens. :) I hope everyone has a great week and stays warm! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment