Sunday, January 11, 2009

Grabbing our attention


This week Caitlin started taking a definite interest in her surroundings. For the first time, she consistently started grabbing at things. It started the other night while I was drinking a glass of water. Caitlin seemed captivated by the glass and started trying to grab it with both hands. Ever since then, she's been trying to hold everything from our cell phones to our clothing. Toni was carrying her and went to get me some medicine from the bathroom and when she came back out, Caitlin was holding the box! She has also started reaching out to let us know that she wants us to pick her up. It's so cool to see her face light up when she sees something new and she tries to interact with it.

This week was pretty uneventfull otherwise. This weekend I was sick so we just stayed in and I watched football and slept. In the picture above, Caitlin is rooting on the Steelers with me holding her Terrible Towel. (It's a towel that Steeler fans wave at the games). We spent this afternoon watching the Steelers beat the Chargers 35-24 to move on to the AFC Championship game. If they win that, they're going to the Super Bowl! :)

This week should be fairly busy for us. I'm off Tuesday to take Caitlin to the Doctor for her 6 month checkup. I'm taking the whole day off and am going to have lunch with friends from my old job. We may also have to go sign some paperwork for the refinance of our house. Wachovia has an employee mortgage program where I was able to get a 4.5% loan with no points! The loan will save us a couple hundred bucks a month so I'm excited to get everything signed as quickly as possible. If we don't get it done this week, it will definitely be done the following. On the job front, I've applied for another job with the school district that I think I have a pretty good chance of getting. Hopefully I'll hear something soon and get an interview. It sounds like a great job doing things I really enjoy and the schedule is great with a lot of time off. Speaking of schedules, this week I will be starting my new schedule of 8:30-5:30. It should be alright. Even though it's during rush hour, it should only increase my drive time to around 20 minutes.. I'll try to post on Tuesday after Caitlin's appointment to let everyone know how she makes out. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: