Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!





Well, the weather might not be looking a lot like Christmas but the decorations are up! This weekend we went and got our Christmas tree and took Caitlin to see Santa. She didn't seem too interested in Santa, she did however seem very interested in whether or not his beard was real (it was). When I tried to take Caitlin off of Santa's lap after the pictures she refused to let go of Santa's beard. Santa was nice enough and calmly told Caitlin that she needed to let go because he was going to need his beard later. :)

I'm going to keep this post short this week since I posted a couple of days ago. Caitlin is doing good and so far has done well on the few cold days we've had so far. She's sleeping through the night in her room and continues to mature every day. She's continued laughing, smiling, reaching for things and making all kinds of noises trying to communicate. We've already got her Christmas shopping done and all of her gifts under the tree.
Last Friday marked 1 year since we had our first doctor's appointment and sonogram after learning that Toni was pregnant! Sometimes it seems like it was yesterday, others it seems like several years ago. The weirdest thing to me is that I remember while Toni was pregnant that those 9 months seemed to last forever. Now, looking back, it seems like Caitlin has been with us for far longer than Toni was pregnant! I'm so glad that I started this blog to chronicle everything. It's been really cool to be able to look back at everything. :)
This week we don't have much planned. Hopefully the weather will get at least a little cooler so it can start to actually feel like Christmas. It was definitely hard to get into the holiday spirit on Saturday walking around getting the tree and not wearing a jacket!

No comments: