


Hello everyone! Sorry this week's post is a little late. Last week was pretty busy for us. I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! Last week I only worked on Monday (what I call my dream work week) . Tuesday I spent the day with Caitlin and went to have lunch with friends and then stopped by Toni's job. Wednesday Toni had to work most of the day but we got on the road and headed to Brownsville around 5pm. Caitlin did pretty well on the drive and slept through most of it. It ended up taking about 5 hours to make the drive and by the time we got there, I now fully understand why there is a market for mini-vans. Making the almost 300 mile trip in my truck was pretty cramped. I'm not saying that I'll be trading in my truck for a mini-van anytime soon but I now understand why people buy them. If we ever have another baby, I'll definitely start looking at one.
Thanksgiving was nice. Everyone was amazed at how big Caitlin has gotten. We spent the trip at Toni's Dad's house and got to see a lot of family and friends during our stay. Thanksgiving also marked a special day for us, it was one year ago on Thanksgiving morning that we found out that after over 3 years of trying, Toni was pregnant!
We avoided the "Black Friday" crowds and just stayed in on Friday during the day and then spent Friday night at Toni's best friend Sonia's house. Saturday we drove home and Caitlin did well on the drive home and only got fussy toward the end. Sitting in the same spot for hours on end, I completely understand. :) Sunday we went and got Caitlin a high chair. Special thanks go out to Tia Blanca and Tio Bone for their generous gift of money to Caitlin which enabled us to get the high chair. It's a very nice chair and is rated for up to 55 pounds. With Caitlin tipping the scales at around 15 right now, we should get a good amount of use out of it. She seems to like it and has been enjoying her nightly serving of rice cereal. :)
Thanksgiving was nice. Everyone was amazed at how big Caitlin has gotten. We spent the trip at Toni's Dad's house and got to see a lot of family and friends during our stay. Thanksgiving also marked a special day for us, it was one year ago on Thanksgiving morning that we found out that after over 3 years of trying, Toni was pregnant!
We avoided the "Black Friday" crowds and just stayed in on Friday during the day and then spent Friday night at Toni's best friend Sonia's house. Saturday we drove home and Caitlin did well on the drive home and only got fussy toward the end. Sitting in the same spot for hours on end, I completely understand. :) Sunday we went and got Caitlin a high chair. Special thanks go out to Tia Blanca and Tio Bone for their generous gift of money to Caitlin which enabled us to get the high chair. It's a very nice chair and is rated for up to 55 pounds. With Caitlin tipping the scales at around 15 right now, we should get a good amount of use out of it. She seems to like it and has been enjoying her nightly serving of rice cereal. :)
This weekend we are hoping to take Caitlin to get pictures with Santa and get our Christmas tree!

No comments:
Post a Comment