Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Peanut


On Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 22nd, Toni woke me in a panic telling me that she needed to turn on the light and that I needed to look at something. We were spending Thanksgiving in Brownsville with her father and I had no idea what was so important at 7:00AM. Blinded by the light, i tried to focus on Toni and saw panic in her face. She held something out and asked me to look at it. "it" turned out to be a pregnancy test. A positive one at that!

We were both very excited and told everyone in Brownsville and all of my family the good news. Although it was probably something that we should have done before announcing the news to everyone, we decided that night to go get another test just to be sure. Actually, we ended up getting a box of 3 tests because the price difference was negligible. Luckily we did. Toni, in her rush to take the test, ignored the directions. 2 errored tests later, I finally read the instructions and found that she was doing it incorrectly. The next morning, she did the third and last test correctly with the same result - pregnant.

Today, we are in our 7th week of pregnancy. We went to the doctor last Wednesday and we were able to see a very early sonogram. I was totally blown away by the fact that we could actually see the baby's heart beating! I will post a picture of the scan in soon. For now, we are affectionately referring to the baby as "peanut" because that's what the picture reminded Toni of.

I am hoping this blog will chronicle the pregnancy and be a way for friends both in town and far away to follow the events as they happen.

No comments: