This morning I got up only to see a post that broke my heart. My friend Mike's mom Jean had passed away. I've known Mike for nearly 40 years now. His mother was like a second Mother to me growing up. I'm glad that I was able to see her and her husband several years ago on a couple trips we had taken back in 2003 and 2005. The pictures this week are from the 2003 trip. We had a great visit with them going to lunch and driving around visiting the Air Force Base I grew up on. A couple of years ago, Jean got on Facebook and I really enjoyed seeing her posts. She looked like she was enjoying her life and that always made me smile. Even though I hadn't seen her in a long time, I will still miss her. I have great memories of her.
This week I was on call and thankfully everything was quiet for the most part with the exception of Friday night. Toni and the girls went to Sea World on Friday and they had a great time. Toni is recovering ok from her surgery. She still has pain but is at least improving.



No comments:
Post a Comment