Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Another one of those weeks...
What a week! This week saw another visit to the Doctor for me. On Tuesday I was at Wal Mart when my eyes suddenly started hurting for no reason. By the time I got home 15 minutes later my eyes had started swelling closed! Nana Bev came over to watch the girls and we spent the rest of the night at the Texas Med-Clinic. My left eye swelled almost completely shut and the right one about 75%. During the long wait to see a Doctor, I watched the Spurs game out of the one eye that I could see out of. The did a few tests on my eyes for scratches, ph level and then flushed my eyes out. They could find no irritant but my left eye was extremely red so something obviously affected them. I had to stay home from work the next day because I still couldn't see fully and within 24 hours with lots of eye drops and Benadryl, the puffiness had cleared up.
In other news, this weekend we took the girls bowling. Actually Toni bowled with some of her coworkers and the girls and I watched. It was cool to watch Caitlin cheer Toni on when she would take her turn. :-) We also got to see an old friend who is partly responsible for Toni and I meeting almost 12 years ago! It was nice to see her and catch up with her. We hadn't seen her in over a decade so it was nice to reconnect.
The girls are doing good. Emma is really starting to talk a lot lately and has started repeating everything we ask her too. The funniest thing to me was when Toni was flipping through a magazine and pointing to whatever was on the page and saying what it was. It was so funny to hear Emma say "beer" and "watermelon". :-) This week she's also started kissing more. Usually whenever I'd ask her for a kiss she'd say no but now she's started giving kisses. She's also started wagging her finger at us when she's saying no which is cute to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment