

It's been a busy couple of weeks since my last post so let me get everyone caught up. First, some bad news. Last week my Grandmother, Mary Perry passed away at age 83. I hadn't gotten to see her very often over the years (I live in Texas, she lived in Massachusetts and Maine) but am very thankful that Toni and I were able to see her and spend some time with her back in 2003 and 2005. We had been planning to visit her once Emma was old enough to fly and I'm sad that she'll never get the chance to meet my kids. :~( I'll always remember the fun times we had and especially the conversations with her. No matter what situation I found myself in, I could always count on her to be a voice of encouragement. She will be missed.
Last week we also found out that Emma not only still has her ear infection, but she also has pretty bad chest congestion. The Doctor has put her on an inhaler and we have to take her back to see how she's doing next week. After that we have an appointment with the ear specialist where we'll probably be told we need to have her tube put back in her ear. Not good news but she's doing really well and is trying to talk a lot lately! Today she was even out playing on the swing set with Caitlin and can climb to the top level by herself! Of course, I'm climbing with her to make sure she doesn't fall but she's doing great!
This weekend we went to a birthday party for Caitlin's friend Maya. Maya turned 4 and had a party at a place that sells outdoor playgrounds and playhouses. It's a pretty cool setup and I think it's a brilliant marketing ploy. Get kids out there to test out all kinds of outdoor toys that they build and sell. The girls had a lot of fun and I saw a playhouse that I would love to build for the girls one day. We'll see. Other than that, not much new to report. I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:
Post a Comment