Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Abc's!




This was a pretty busy week. On the 10th, Emma turned 3 months old! The time is definitely going fast! We're going to take some pics for her 3 month pics which I'll post this weekend. The weekend went way too fast. Toni and Caitlin went to a birthday party for one of Caitlin’s friends and I stayed home with Emma. For the first time, Emma started trying to roll over! She got onto her side but couldn’t completely roll onto her stomach. She was trying her hardest though and I think she’s going to do it soon. She’s doing pretty well with sleeping but did wake up 3 mornings at around 4 which made it hard making it through the days at work. Luckily that seems to be an isolated incident and she’s back to sleeping until around 6:00am. She seems like she’s growing so fast and getting so big. She’ll sit and watch us now and will smile if we smile or wave at her.

Caitlin is doing good. She started getting sick over the weekend and yesterday I took off work to take her to the Doctor. She has an ear infection and they gave her medicine for a cough as well. She’s not running a fever though and seems like she’s in good spirits. She’s growing up so fast! She now taking her medicine on her own when we give her the plastic syringe after measuring it and she even went and got her shoes and put them on by herself when Toni got home so she could go out in the garage! She also gets in and out of my car by herself (we still take care of the seatbelt in the carseat) and even takes off her jacket by herself when we get home. She understands so much and we’re really able to carry on conversations with her now. As you can see from the video, this week she even started saying her abc’s! (see the video on this week's post) It was amazing to watch her and I think she’s so cute pointing to the board like she’s teaching it. I’m glad I was able to record that moment.

Hopefully this week will be uneventful. I’m on call so we probably won’t be going anywhere. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: