


What a week! Last week was our first week home with Emma and we're starting to get into a routine. Emma is pretty well behaved and doesn't cry too often. The hardest part right now is that her days and nights are switched so sleep at night is incredibly hard to come by. We've both tried sleeping during the day with mixed results. I have a really hard time sleeping during the day so most days I've felt like a zombie. :) Although we're not getting much sleep right now, I will say that things are definitely easier this time around. I think a lot has to do with the fact that both Toni and I were a little more prepared having gone through all this with Caitlin. This week Emma also got her first bath which she really didn't enjoy much. After getting out of the bath, her hair became very fluffy. We thought when she was born that she had curly hair but it looks like she got my straight hair just like Caitlin did. Right now, we both think Emma looks a lot like Caitlin did when she was born. I'll try to put together some side by side pics soon.
Caitlin has done very well with Emma so far and her favorite thing to say now is "baby sister is so cute!". She's been very helpful with Emma and will help us when we're changing Emma's diaper and will come see if everything is alright when Emma cries in the night. She's taking to her role as big sister very well. :) She also likes to give Emma her pacifier and likes to feed her. She also makes a point to kiss Emma and tell her goodbye every time we leave the house and is always very anxious to see Emma when she gets home.
Emma got several visitors this week which was nice. Cousin Maddie came over with Uncle Dan and Aunt Sarah. It was nice to have everyone together and watch the girls together. It's gonna be so cool in a few years when they're all old enough to play together. Emma was also visited by her Nana Bev as well as her Grampa Joe and Magda. This weekend Toni's family from Corpus Christi stopped by to meet Emma. Caitlin had a lot of fun playing with her cousins and visiting with her Aunt and Uncle. Next weekend Caitlin will get to meet more family including her Grampa Andres who is extremely eager to meet her and to visit with Caitlin. He talks to Caitlin pretty much every night and I think Caitlin is very excited to see him as well.
This week should go by fast and I really hope we can get some sleep. I'm looking forward to Christmas this year. Caitlin knows how to open her presents now and I think she's going to be so excited on Christmas morning!


No comments:
Post a Comment