Sunday, August 16, 2009

Take me out to the ballgame..


This weekend we took Caitlin to her first baseball game with Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dan. We went to see the San Antonio Missions tonight and while she didn't seem too interested in the game, she definitely enjoyed the mascots. Her face lit up when she saw "Ball-a-peno" (a guy in a jalapeno pepper suit) running around the bases. She kept smiling, laughing and pointing at him. She also couldn't stop smiling and laughing when, "Henry the puffy taco" was on the field. After Henry came off the field, Caitlin went over and got to meet him. In the 2nd picture she doesn't look like she's having much fun but she really did enjoy it. After he left, she kept pointing at him and was trying to talk and smiling. :) We didn't stay for the entire game but had fun and hope to make another trip out to watch them play again soon.
This week Caitlin also started waving hello and we think saying the word "hi". When she waves hello now she actually waves her hand and when she's saying goodbye, she is still closing her hand together as if trying to grab something. She was very excited to see her Nana Bev and Grampa Bob on Saturday night as well. When she saw them, she came running around the corner with arms open and smiling and ran up for a big hug! She had a great visit with them and I think she really enjoyed spending time with them.
This week there's going to be a change for me - My schedule at work will be changing to 8-5. I'm looking forward to not having to be there until 8 rather than 7 but I will miss getting off at 4. I'll probably have double the commute time now. Oh well....
In other news, Toni has started a blog of her own to document our lives from her point of view! Anyone interested in what's going on in our lives should definitely give it a look - http://sweetpeanutdiary.blogspot.com/. I'm going to get to bed. I'm going to try to continue getting up early so I can start working out at least 20 minutes or so before going to work now. Hopefully that'll work for me. :)

No comments: