Happy Father's Day everyone! I hope everyone had a great one. My first Father's Day as a Dad went pretty well. Caitlin got me a nice card and a nice picture frame that I'm going to print the picture from above and put in it. She also made me a little foam boat at school on Friday that I am going to keep on my desk. I'm told she actually glued the decorations onto the boat all by herself. :) To start the day today, we went out to breakfast at ihop and then walked around a few stores and did some window shopping. We were going to go to the zoo but unfortunately, I've been fighting a sinus infection since last Thursday and by about noon, I was totally exhausted so we came home. The important thing is that I got to spend the day with Caitlin and Toni.This week was pretty hectic. Toni got a new boss at work and on Monday night she didn't get home till late so Caitlin's Nana Bev, Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dan came by to help me take care of her. She's been walking on her own a lot more now. She's started to just let go of us and try walking on her own quite a bit. At night we've been working with her in the living room. Toni and I will sit about 6 or 8 feet apart and Caitlin will walk back and forth between us. She's doing great and has managed to walk as many as 12 steps by herself and has even turned around and changed direction while walking. When she gets really excited she'll even start clapping! :) This week she also started pointing at things a lot more too. She'll point at things and walk with us to them and if she sees Shiloh or a picture of herself she'll point and start talking. I really think that the sound of her laughing is one of the greatest sounds I've ever heard. No matter what the situation, if I hear her laughing, it immediately puts a smile on my face. :)
This week we also trimmed Caitlin's bangs. Her hair has started getting longer and it was starting to get in her eyes. We saved a lock of her hair to put in her scrapbook.
In other news, yesterday Toni and I went for a visit to Carmax. While there, Toni found the car she wants next - Hyundai Azera. Super nice car with a killer warranty and tons of options. Amazingly, it was as nice as the Lexus ES330 we test drove for her! I've narrowed my search down to 2 vehicles on opposite ends of the spectrum - Chrysler 300 or the Toyota Pruis. I'm drawn to the 300 because of the looks, room and power. The Prius attracts my attention because it's like sitting in a car at Epcot Center. Being a gadget guy, it's a totally cool car and the thought of getting in excess of 45 MPG's is very tempting.. Driving the 300 was a blast though. I drove the 300C which is the model with the 340 horsepower Hemi engine. All I can say is WOW! That thing had power to spare and was an amazing ride. Think back to the first time you ever drove a car and the feeling you had when you first felt the enormous amount of power the vehicle seemed to have. That same excitement was what I felt behind the wheel of the 300c. An added plus, I'd still increase my gas mileage by about 50% with all that power. The Pruis would be about a 300% increase though but still, a 50% increase isn't anything to scoff at. It'll be a while before I make a decision but both have pros and cons.
Well, I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:
dude she has you wrapped around her little finger. you'd better start stocking up on pony food
Post a Comment